I roast pumpkin seeds with my class every October. We open a pie pumpkin, scoop out the guts, wash and bake the seeds and then make a jack-o’-lantern. The kids love it. This years cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds were the best. Crunchy, sweet and delicious. 🙂
Here are the steps and ingredients for our Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds:
- Carve out the top of the pumpkin and scoop out guts and seeds.
- Try to remove the bigger chunks from the seeds and then dump the seeds into a big bowl of water.
- Wait 5 minutes. Pumpkin chunks will drop to the bottom and seeds will float to the top 🙂
- Remove seeds and place on a paper towel
- Pat the seeds dry
- Preheat oven to 300 degree
- Now time to add the seasoning. Toss ingredients and seedsIngredients:
For each half cup of seeds:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Bake for 25 minutes